Castle Gandegg in Appiano area Piganò is a massive phenomenon. The most striking feature are likely to be the 4 round towers, each stands at a corner of the rectangular main building. A 1443 first mentioned in late medieval tower house was structurally integrated on the south side of Castle Gandegg. Schlos Gandegg is a unitary construction from the mid-16th century, commissioned by the lords Khuen-Belasi who had taken possession by the original builders of the residential tower, the Annabergern. The basic concept of the building corresponds to the northern Italian style of fortifications of that time.
The rooms are grand, spacious rooms with coffered ceilings and tiled stoves from the 16th and 17th centuries. The main building is surrounded by a large Park, protected by a high wall, on the southwest flank the property is bordered by farm buildings with late Gothic elements.
The A 22 Brenner toll motorway is the most direct route into the south of South Tyrol holiday region. Exit at Bolzano South (Sud) and take the MEBO dual carriageway in the direction of Merano/Meran as far as the exit for Appiano/Eppan. Follow the signs to San Michele and then Piganò.
All trains travelling the Brenner route stop at Bolzano. Exit the station, turn left and the bus station is on the opposite side of the road. There are regular bus services to San Michele and the go on by feet or Citybus.
By rail/ bus: All trains travelling the Brenner route stop at Bolzano. Exit the station, turn left and the bus station is on the opposite side of the road. There are regular bus services to Appano/Eppan.