Castel Warth

Via Schloss Warth 30
39050 San Paolo | Appiano
General description

Warth Castle is one of the most recent castles in the Upper Etsch. However, before noblemen lived on the small hill, there had been a farm on the same site since the 12th century.
The dynasty of the Counts of Eppan handed this farm, among other things, to the Bishop of Trento in 1194, only to retrieve it as a fiefdom in 1211. Around 1250 Warth came into the possession of the Tyrolean princes, by whom it was then granted to noble families.

Recommended season
yearlong
Royal holidays
Royal holidays
Sleep like a queen in the castle hotels and stately residences in Bolzano and environs!
Contact
South Tyrol Information
Südtiroler Straße/Via Alto Adige 60
39100 - Bolzano - Südtirol/Alto Adige - Italy
Newsletter
Always up to date with the
Bolzano and environs news. Sign up now!