The symbol of the city is the chapel Peterköfele, which is also part of the coat of arms of the council. The little church St. Peter on the hill upon Leifers dates from the 12th century and used to be the chapel of the Castel Lichtenstein. The counts of Lichtenstein were once the sheriffs of Leifers and subordinated to the prince-bishop of Trento. There also are a few remains from an old Castle, where today the traditional guesthouse “Pfleg” is. The castle was built in 1160 and destroyed in 1290.