The Kaldiff castle ruin is situated on a Dolomite rock above the hamlet of Mazzon in Egna. Not much still remains of this magnificent building. The ruin is open to the public.

Kaldiff castle was built in 1200 by the aristocratic von Enn family. At the beginning of the 16th century the Lords of Payr lived in the castle. At the end of the 18th century the castle burned down and fell into ruin.

Remnants of the 13th century frescoes, a mural in the castle chapel, the 17th century gate house and the swallowtail merlons on the east side give an impression of the former beauty of the building.

According to legend several treasures are buried somewhere in the walls of Kaldiff castle. They are being guarded by giant dogs with blazing eyes to make sure no-one can get to these riches.